As a plumbing service, experts in home and commercial mushroom remediation, we have to inform you how dangerous very high levels of mushrooms can be in any room of the home.
That’s why today we prepared this article that will help you verify and constantly monitor if the levels of fungi inside your property are really dangerous or if you have an adequate count of this unwanted guest.
The first thing you should know is that mold can significantly affect your health. The first consequences can be nasal congestion, sore throat, coughing, wheezing, burning eyes and rashes.
On the other hand, there are also other more intense symptoms that can be suffered by people with pre-existing conditions such as asthma, chronic lung disease or even a depressed immune system.
Unfortunately, mold is impossible to eradicate, its spores are always present both indoors and outdoors. The only solution is to control the situations that raise the level of mold inside our homes (humidity), and to make use of the components that are sold on the market to decrease the humidity present in the environment.
Mold can enter the house through doors, windows and open vents, and heating and air conditioning systems. Mold in outdoor air can be carried indoors on clothing, shoes, bags, and even pets.
How Can a Plumbing Service Help Me Eliminate Mold?
Professional plumbing services use advanced techniques to, first, detect why mold is growing, and second, apply the special chemicals and techniques to remove the mold.
For example, a water canister or a pipe leak may be the perfect situation for mold to settle in your home. Rainwater, whitewater or sewage flooding can also be the trigger for a mold invasion to begin in every corner of your home or business.
It is estimated that mold can develop within 48 to 72 hours after a flood.
That’s why many times, a plumbing service or a plumber you trust can help you get rid of this unwanted pest in the right way.
How Can I Prevent Mold From Invading My Home?
There are ways to prevent the fungus from entering our homes:
– Watch for water leaks or filtrations.
– Do not extend wet clothes or shoes inside the home.
– Install dehumidifiers inside the house.
– Monitor the levels of fungal spores with a meter to evaluate the humidity levels.
– Air conditioners help keep humidity at bay.
– Make sure air flows efficiently through your home.
– Add mold inhibitors to the paint before painting. You can buy inhibitors at paint or home improvement stores.
– Wash bathrooms with mildew-killing products.
– If you’ve had a flood, replace wet carpets and furniture upholstery that can’t dry quickly. Consider not using carpet in rooms or areas such as bathrooms for basements that may have high humidity.
If you are having problems with mold and mildew in your home, don’t hesitate to call us. At Mr. Poronga we do our best to determine the full extent of the fungus intrusion. Our goal is to clean the fungus growing inside your building and eliminate exposure to any mold.